Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cement

It was great fun pouring cement as the daylight faded yesterday evening. Everything went smoothly and it's getting hard for the cows to enjoy that end of the barn instead of the big mud hole it turns into over the winter. Here are a few pictures and then you'll find my embarassing cement story... ;)



So here's my story... When I was about 3 or 4 years old my dad was working as a contractor, he owned his own construction company until I was about 17, and was doing a job at a farm pouring cement for a grain bin. My mom brought us kids to see him at the job and when we got there he was out in the middle of the cement, it was about 1 1/2 to 2 feet deep, that had been poured. As the story goes, I apparently decided I had to go see him and stepped off the edge into this wet cement that came almost to my armpits. Well they fished me out and thankfully I was that young because they had to strip me and hose me off because cement, depending on the mixture, can burn your skin. So every time we do any cement work now I get teased pretty good about my cement swim. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos and story, keep them coming!!